Terms & Conditions
01. Classes are booked on a first come basis. The only method of securing a place on a course is by payment of €50 deposit, or payment in full for said course. The balance of fees are always due on or before the first class.
02. Bookings are non transferable from one course to another unless permission is granted from ActorsVision. Where a transfer to another course is permitted, no further transfer or refund will be given where the student cancels their participation in said course.
03. Cancellations: All course deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. Where the full course fee has been paid in advance, a refund may be issued, minus €50 deposit, up until 72 hours before a course begins only. A refund request must be put in writing by post or email. Refunds are subject to bank/paypal charges being deducted from the amount (where applicable) as these charges cannot be recovered by ActorsVision. No refunds will be given for one day masterclasses, or where a student has already received preparatory material for their particular course/class as this material constitutes the beginning of the class work. Refunds are not available to anyone who decides to leave a course for any reason.
04. The full balance of course fees remain payable where a student decides to leave a course before its completion.
05. All students agree to arrive on time for each class, accept they may be refused entry if they arrive late, and will not be allowed to return until the following class.
06. One hundred percent attendance is required to pass all courses. Missed classes must be sanctioned by the school in advance. In case of emergencies the school must be informed within seven days of the missed class. One hundred percent attendance is required to pass all masterclasses. Students may still attend subsequent classes if they fall behind this attendance requirement, but they will not be certified on completion.
A 'Catch-Up' system is in place for students to retake a missed lesson privately. This system can be utilised to bring attendance back in line where class(es) may have been missed.
07. Where a course has more than one term, each term must be taken consecutively to pass the entire course.
08. Attendance of the first class in any term is mandatory as it sets the foundation for the weeks/months ahead. Failure to attend will result in the removal of the student from the entire term without a refund.
09. The offer to shoot material (headshots, showreel scenes, motion headshots, etc), or take part in a class/theatre performance as part of any course is subject to the minimum attendance requirement. Any student(s) who fall behind in attendance will have this offer revoked. Copyright of all material produced through ActorsVision (photographic, video or audio) is owned by ActorsVision.
10. Students who miss their allocated shooting or performance dates will not be entitled to a rescheduled date. Similarly, a student whose performance is not up to standard due to absenteeism and/or missed rehearsal(s) may have their participation in shoot(s) or performance(s) cancelled at the discretion of ActorsVision.
11. All mobile phones, ipads, electronic devices, etc are to be turned off before class begins. Any device that makes noise during class time will result in the owner being asked to leave the room and not return until the next session.
12. Students agree to treat all fellow students, teachers and surrounding staff with respect, politeness and professionalism. Any threatening or abusive behaviour may result in the termination of said students participation with ActorsVision at the discretion of our director.
13. Private lessons are booked five lessons in advance. You will be allocated a time/date for all lessons in advance. These times may not be changed unless agreed by ActorsVision. Any cancellation or 'no show' will not be entitled to a refund or reschedule.